[meteorite-list] eBay

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 12:48:45 -0800

You are lucky eBay did not kick you off permanently which has been
happening frequently since their new rules were announced a few months
ago. They will not even allow any links to supporting documentation
like Meteoritical Bulletin entries. Some tings that will get you into
trouble are:

Links to websites

Contact info on any sort including that which is embedded in images

Copies of Meteoritical Bulletin entries that have hyperlinks built into them

Images of ID cards or COAs with contact information on them

I heard of somebody losing their seller privileges for having a scale
cube with website information on it included in their images. They were
warned only twice before being permanently suspended.

Apparently, eBay is aggressively enforcing these new rules. They do not
want buyers leaving their website and purchasing directly from sellers.
It is all about losing a single penny in outside sales for them.

Now I have to wait for PayPal's 1099K form which doesn't break out
anything and only reports total revenue creating an immense amount of
tax calculations. If you do not break it down, then the IRS will be
happy to do it for you assigning all of the revenue to income and not
actual profit. Dealers need to be extra careful this year since Curry
took it upon himself to file whistle blower forms against most dealers
hoping to get a 15% reward.

Adam