[meteorite-list] Ad 32 Auctions Lots of Good Deals!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 15:08:18 -0800

Larry,

I do not have a problem with you personally. I enjoy your field reports
but was dismayed to see meteorites found on public land being offered up
on a commercial basis since it could have an affect on the future of
meteorite hunting. I have been involved with BLM land discussions since
the 1990's so this is nothing new.

These laws are being enforced which I am sure people will hear about at
the Tucson show. No, I am not the snitch. Actually there are several.
If the name of just one these snitches (informants) got out, it would
shock the entire community. It only takes one person, with their hand
caught in the cookie jar, to try and save their own butt by turning on
others.

My negativity stems from all the damage that has occurred to this
avocation, being ripped off and badmouthed by dealers. I have no
problem with collectors who I tend to side with these days. Every
argument I have had has been with dealers, mainly the 3.0 crowd.

Adam