[meteorite-list] BLM Public Land

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 14:44:25 -0800

I wish what you said was true however the original and much abused 1906
Antiquities law was clarified to include meteorites as cultural objects
with scientific value. In any case, permits are required which will
never be issued for commercial purposes and without one, you are
committing a criminal act by selling them.

Just talk to miners, artifact hunters and rock hounds and they will tell
the noncommercial use aspect is enforced. The Department of Interior
has and still claims ownership of all meteorites found on public land.
This predates the 2012 clarification which is still enforced.

Or better yet, contact a BLM office and inquire,