[meteorite-list] AD: Yunnan, China 6/1/18 Fall, New Halfa, Sudan 11/8/94 Fall (Ad 4/12)

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 10:16:52 +0200

Dear Meteorite Friends,
?
Hope you all have had a great start to your week!
?
I recently uploaded to my website a selection of slices from two noted meteorite falls.
?
First: The Yunnan, China fall of 6/1/18. The cut surface of this fall is quite lovely, more abundant in chondrules than you might expect for a probable L6. As far as I have seen, I am the only person listing slices of the Yunnan fall and there are only 5 on the site to pick from?
?
Second: The poorly distributed New Halfa, Sudan fall from 11/8/94. I can only account for less than 1kg of New Halfa in private collections so these relatively large specimens are very rare indeed.
?
https://bigjohnmeteorites.com
?
These are both beautiful and exceptional specimens that reveal an abundance of chondrules ready to appreciate grossly or through the loupe. Definitely worth adding to your collection.
?
If you are a fall collector then today is a very good day for you. :-)

Additionally I have a selection of Polymict Diogenite specimens still available which were cut from the main mass of NWA 11805.
?
Please take a moment from your busy day to see what is available on my site.

Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295