[meteorite-list] Ad - A substantial mass of a substantial meteorite

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:16:48 -0700

Hello all

Today I have the pleasure of offering one of the world's largest pieces of a
very poorly distributed meteorite.

By comparison:
American Museum of Natural History - 9 grams
Natural History Museum, London - 14.6 grams
My available specimen - 1055 grams

Meet Kaali, an iron meteorite legally obtained from a protected site, found
at the best preserved crater in Eurasia in Estonia and steeped in Finnish
Folklore just a hop across the Baltic sea. A true iron from the iron age,
the lake that now fills the crater has been an archeological trove of
ancient objects and remains of animal sacrifices.

I have put together a lively write-up, worth a read even if not looking to
buy. Please have a look.

http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com/catalog/kaali.htm

Thank you,
Rob Wesel