[meteorite-list] China's NEO detection system?

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 15:16:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everyone -
China has released an image of its proposed International Lunar Research Station:

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/assets/7058.0/1498278.jpg
You will notice the radar array shown in the background.
I suspect that this radar array is not designed for picking up signals from little green men.
Its wattage may be estimated from the solar cell arrays shown.
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/assets/7058.0/1499229.jpg
Originally, the ILRS date was 2030, with launch by the Long March 9.
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/assets/7058.0/1499227.jpg

But right now the Long March 8 is being looked at to compete with Musk's Falcon, and the Long March 9 may be delayed, if not abandoned altogether.
My estimate is ILRS launch by the Long March 8.

I am concerned that
based on Comet Encke's pass through the inner solar system in 1628 BCE,
the pass of Comet Schwassmann Wachmann 3 in 2022 CE
may send NEOs our way.

Paul, you still owe Hibbens an apology.

good hunting, everyone,Ed