[meteorite-list] Ad - New Chinese Fall For Sale, Yunnan Province June 1 - Xi Shuang Ban Na

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 15:12:28 -0700

Hello All

Up for sale today are 10 pieces from the June 1st bolide in China's Yunnan
Province. As many of you have been following, this landed in rice and bamboo
fields making for a difficult hunt that ended in rain. That coupled with the
fact that the stones were venerated by the local residents and Monks made
what few were found very difficult to obtain as many elected to keep them or
apply a very high value. A few of our Chinese friends ventured to the site
and had some success. I was able to buy all the available pieces from one of
them.

In addition to the stones being offered, your purchase will include a
section of roof tile from a different hammer stone, a Buddhist Prayer Cloth
used in the region to wrap any items considered divine, and a locally made
beeswax Prayer Candle specific to Yunnan Province.

For serious buyers I have selling rights to the actual 3.5 gram broken
hammer stone. I opted not to buy it due to the price but maybe some museum
out there is willing to make some calls to donors.

Please have a look at the stones and videos. The photos display weight and %
crust .

http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com/catalog/china.htm

Thanks,

Rob Wesel