[meteorite-list] Gloating, Part 4

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 14:50:04 +0000 (UTC)

Paul, I am still not satisfied with your apology to Hibbens.
I was appaled to read Alan Harris sharing his ignorance of the recent work on the Holocene Start Impact Events
with NASA management , encouraging them in their attempt to avoid launching the NEOcam.Let us take a look at this fool's bragging:

Well, this got started with a paper in 2007 by Firestone, et al. (PNAS 104, 16016-16021, 2007).? Ironically I'm sitting in a meeting at NAS HQ in Washington as I write this.? Curiously, many of the long list of authors of that original paper are the same as the most recent papers, but more or less inverted in order (first author of the current paper, Wolbach, was the last author of the 2007 paper).? Equally curiously, the evidence promoted in the respective papers has also gotten rather inverted, in my perhaps cynical opinion because the leading evidence offered in 2007 has been largely discounted, and what is now being promoted were minor points in the earlier paper, not previously examined as thoroughly.? We'll see where the current round leads.
Cheers,
Alan

These articles were discussed at some length on MPML on Feb. 3, when
they came out in the Journal of Geology.? The claims being made have
been discussed at great length by Mark Boslough, who was inspired to
join MPML as a result.? Perhaps he will comment further now.
Alan
Yep, NASA is funding this second stringer working at Sandia instead of the physics pros at Berkeley and Los Alamosas part of its futile effort to avoid its responsibilities to the people of this nation.
Now, Paul, as you know full well who all has become involved in this research since 2007,a list which includes nearly everyone working at an archaeological site from this period,as well as multiple geologists, perhaps you might be man enough to point out in an exhautive and comprhensive manner
that Alan is simply lying here.
In other words, do some really useful work with that geological database engine of yours.

E.P. GrondineMan and Impact in the Americas