[meteorite-list] ALERT - eBay Scam - ALERT

From: Aras Jonikas <arasj3827_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 18:08:32 -0600 (CST)

All-

I just had a strange occurrence on eBay which became likely fraud. I was notified that I had sold a meteorite slice which I had listed from eBay (normal eBay notification). This buyer has never bought from me, so I confirmed the info via a quick internet search (she worked for an aerospace firm, so thought nothing of it). After printing the label, the buyer contacted me several minutes later stating she did not order anything but received a shipment notification from eBay. After confirming who she was and looking at her history (never a meteorite purchased in her history on eBay), I looked at the paypal receipt. It became clear that she was hacked on eBay and Paypal, and her email was changed from gmail.com to gmail.net. All of her other information was correct. I did not initially notice this discrepancy. I could only assume that the package would have been rerouted in transit to the "hacker". The victim (phewww, not me...) stated she immediately tried changing her passwords once th
 is was discovered but was blocked from doing so, likely due to her information being changed.

Keep a close eye on your sales both ON AND OFF eBay!!!

Regards,
Aras
IMCA 2117