[meteorite-list] Questions About NWA 7034,

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 01:57:59 +0100

?You, a thief, admitted by yourself, to stealing by claiming a pairing number to John Higgins material. Mr. Higgins likely paid several hundreds of dollars to have it studied and the grams donated as a type specimen.?

Seriously...?
This is why he?s a ?thief?? Because he self-paired some specimens to a meteorite that Higgins had classified?

This is a joke, right?

How about every merchant who ever self-paired a specimen to NWA 869? How about every merchant who ever self-paired a specimen to Taza? How about every hunter who self-pairs a specimen to a DCA in the US deserts? How about every merchant who bought a bunch of NWA 6963 that was self-paired in Tucson this year, and just listed it for sale on ebay?

Are these people all thieves too? Someone somewhere payed for all those classifications and gave up the material for the type specimen, just like John Higgins did.

Reign in your attitudes everyone. You don?t get to call someone a thief for doing what many MANY other known merchants do every single day.

John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295

Sent using the mail.com mail app