[meteorite-list] Awesome Shock Melted (NWA 6963) Martian Specimens

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 10:45:55 -0400

Adam, If you read the history part of the bulletin it indicates there is perhaps a lot of stones found. While the classifier may have only had 3 in his possession as indicated lower in the bulletin. Clearly there is a lot of this material. here is the history as written ;
" In September, 2011, a Moroccan meteorite hunter found the first pieces of NWA 6963 and sold it to AHabibi without giving the exact provenance. The hunter continued collecting pieces in the same area for about 6 months. In mid-May, 2012, the NWA 6963 locality, near the river Oued Touflit, became widely known and hundreds of meteorite hunters went to the area searching for more pieces. Pieces ranging from 100 to 700 g have been recovered, as well as a few small pieces (3-10 g), most of them are broken and partially covered by a thin fusion crust. The total mass may be as much as 8-10 kg. ".
Carl
--
Love & Life