[meteorite-list] Ad : Astrophotography Telescope Swap for Meteorites?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 21:59:30 -0400

Hi Asteroid Hunters and Collectors,

I am sending out some trade feelers. I have a NOS (new old stock), TMB
80SS-CF (carbon fiber) telescope available for meteorites - if the
price is right. Details of the scope are listed below. Contact me
off-list (meteoritemike at gmail.com) if interested. I am interested in
small pallasite slices, whole fresh aesthetic unclassified stones,
etched iron slices, planetaries (no self-paired or unclassified),
fresh stones from witnessed falls, Libyan Desert Glass, or most things
rare or unusual.

Contact me off-list via email to inquire - meteoritemike at gmail.com

I can shoot some photos of it tomorrow. I can meet the buyer locally
or can ship to anywhere in the world - although I prefer to ship
inside the US/Canada due to the size and bulk of this package.

TMB Optics APO refractor. (Thomas M. Back, lens designer).

80mm air-spaced triplet apochromatic lens.

Extremely well figured using LZOS-sourced glass elements.

Carbon fiber tube with extendable dewshield.

Objective diameter : 80mm.
Design : TMB APO triplet, air-spaced.
Glass type : Ohara FPL-53 (center element).
Focal length : 504mm.
Focal ratio : F/6.3
Focus : Starlight Feathertouch 2", dual speed crayford.
Diagonal : Astrotech 2" dielectric.
Date of Manufacture : circa 2007 or 2008.

Included Eyepieces : TMB Planetary 3.2mm (1.25"), Astrotech 20mm
(Series 6) Widefield (1.25")

Includes padded hard storage case and mounting rings.

The scope was a floor demo model for a telescope show and was never
used beyond setting it up.

The accessories (eyepieces and diagonal) are brand new and still in
the original packaging.

Lens designer Thomas Back passed away years ago and these scopes are
no longer in production.

The TMB air-spaced triplets are highly regarded by both visual
astronomers and astrophotographers.

The field is flat with a crisp and contrasty view with stark whites
and inky blacks.

There is no detectable false color, even on the brightest targets.

This scope is built very solid and the focuser can handle large camera rigs.

Owners of these scopes rarely part with them, so they are collectible
and not often seen on the market.

Here is a review of the standard model - the standard has the same
optics and lens cell (80SS).

You can expect the same optical performance as the scope in this
review - the optics are the same (this carbon fiber model also has the
upgraded Feathertouch focuser)

TMB 80SS review - https://www.cloudynights.com/.../cn-report-the-tmb-80ss...

Announcement of the 80SS-CF model -
https://www.cloudynights.com/.../118624-tmb-80-ss-carbon.../

This model I am selling is the 80SS-CF (carbon fiber) and has the
upgraded Starlight Feathertouch focuser.

Brand new, this scope sold for $1395 for just the tube and case.

The diagonal sold for $120 and the eyepieces for approx. $50 each.

That is a total package value of $1615.

Thanks for looking!

http://www.galactic-stone.com