[meteorite-list] AD: Shavings from the El Taco mass of Campo del Cielo (Ad 10/12)

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:32:39 +0100

Dear Meteorite Friends,
?
Hope you are all doing great today!
?
Recently I had the good fortune to acquire some former laboratory specimens of the famous El Taco mass of Campo del Cielo. These shavings?were sourced directly from a well published researcher?who acquired them from one of the more prominent scientists on the topic of iron meteorites, and on El Taco in specific. A handful of these shavings have been arranged into custom displays which are now available for a very affordable price on my website. J
?
https://bigjohnmeteorites.com
?
Prior to this, I have personally never seen specimens of El Taco for sale anywhere. Specimens of the named masses of more abundant historic irons like Campo, Canyon Diablo or Cape York are generally difficult to acquire. They are historic specimens, mostly in institutions, and they are generally not being studied any longer so there is no need to cut them for other institutional use. For these reasons finding a piece of (for example) ?The Woman? mass of Cape York with provenance to verify it, is very difficult if not impossible. The same can be said for El Taco, an historic specimen that until today has been scarce (if not absent) in private collections.
?
As usual there are also an array of other specimens available on my webpage, not the least of them are some very affordable specimens of the legendary Elbogen iron. Famed for the many stories surrounding it, such as its ability to fly, or its creation by a witch who turned a cruel land owner into a hunk of iron, Elbogen is a gem of a specimen that is always cherished in a collection. It is worth every penny of the purchase price.
?
Please take a moment from your busy day to consider the specimens available on my site.
?
Cheers!
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295