[meteorite-list] Michigan meteorite

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 12:47:42 +0200

Absolutely agree Paul.

Unless they can be verified by numerous independent eye witnesses, then stories like that are really no more verifiable than a child?s fantasies.

Furthermore, since stories are unreliable, and it hasn?t been officially classified yet, I don?t see any reason why it could not be a transported specimen from another known find. For example, the Trenton irons from Wisconsin. Not very far from Michigan at all... I suppose time will tell though.

Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295
www.bigjohnmeteorites.com