[meteorite-list] Michigan meteorite

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 00:46:58 +0000 (UTC)

 I have no Idea what happened to it , but my Grandfather had a doorstop with a widmanstatten pattern on it similar to gibeon. shaped like a half sphere with a hole drilled through the center to attach an eye ring, The story went, My great great uncle John Voith used it to tether his horse. while on the road, since there were areas with a lot of grassland and no tree or bush to tie a horse to. It must have weighed at least 30 lbs? and about the size of a half? bowling ball. I remember asking him why they put a pattern on it? He said it must have just been for decoration. I think I will ask one of my cousins what happened to it.