[meteorite-list] Special Catalogue released: Milestones of Lunar Mapping and Photography - Four Centuries of Selenography

From: Koblitz <koblitz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 19:24:03 +0200

Dear List Members,

Those of you collecting maps and photographs of the moon may be interested
to know that I have just released a special catalogue:

Milestones of Lunar Mapping and Photography - Four Centuries of Selenography

On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 moon landing, we
present our new e-Catalogue, comprising 88 rare and important books, maps,
and photographs of and about the Moon. The collectibles come from the
MetBase Library of Meteoritics and Planetary Sciences and are mostly of
exceptional rarity, some with no copy ever seen on the market. Authors
include Hevelius, Galilei, Riccioli, Scheiner, Schyrleus da Rheita, Mayer,
Schr?ter, Beer & M?dler, Loewy & Puiseux, Fauth, Lohrmann, Schmidt, Goodacre
and many others.
Also included are rare and important early lunar photographs by Henry Draper
and Lewis Rutherfurd, a small collection of photographs pre owned by late
astronomer Sir Patrick Moore, a book signed by all 3 Apollo 11 astronauts,
and a copy of iconic Earthrise photograph signed by Apollo 8/13 astronaut
James Lovell.
Link to the catalogue:
https://www.milestone-books.de/images/upload/milestones-books-cat-19-07.pdf
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or comments.

Kind regards,
Jorn

Milestones of Science Books
Joern Koblitz
Schulstrasse 18a
D-27721 Ritterhude, Germany
E-Mail: <mailto:info at milestone-books.de> info at milestone-books.de
Internet: <http://www.milestone-books.de/> www.milestone-books.de
Member of ILAB and Verband Deutscher Antiquare e.V.