[meteorite-list] Thin Sections

From: Steve Schoner <schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 21:07:19 GMT

Tracy,

If you can get those 3D poloroid glasses that are used for modern 3D movies, just pop out the plastic poloroids and cross them till they turn black. Staple or tape them together. Place the slide between them and any microscope will show amazing details.

Not as good as a quality petrographic microscope, but for one that just wants to see some amazing detail in a thin section that will do just fine. One can also the two use it with a hand lens.

Steve Schoner
www.petroslides.com
IMCA 4470