[meteorite-list] Rare specimens ad

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 01:25:20 +0000 (UTC)

Offering three very rare nice pieces today. I?m starting to sort boxes and plan to begin offering nice pieces to pay down bills in this tough time.?
First?
Park Forest.?Famous Winslow street specimen. This meteorite has a crazy history. It hit the road (this exact specimen shows asphalt embedded in the rough side) the ricocheted into the side of a home in Winslow Street. It made a large hole in the side of the house near the front door. A fragment also damaged the car in the drive.?A bidding war ensued for most of the pieces (which I won at terrible cost). The woman had turned in the rock to the police the night of the fall after reporting the damage to her home. She reclaimed them from the police the next day but after I bought them all the police chief called me weeks later threatening legal action or even arrest if I didn?t return then. (They claimed that it belonged to the city die to impacting the road before hitting the home). In the end I sent part back to the town for their museum.?
Stolen or not, meteorite is on way back to Park Forest?

| | |

| |
Stolen or not, meteorite is on way back to Park Forest

By Joseph Sjostrom, Tribune staff reporter

A meteorite that crashed through the atmosphere to land on a Park Forest street and bounce into a yard on Winslow Drive was sold by the homeowner to an Arizona dealer, but is coming back to the village after police demanded its return.
  | |

This piece weighs 29.31 grams and is an endcut with crust, impact marks and polished face. $3000.00
Second is a partslice of Cumberland Falls. Aubrite fall from Kentucky April 9, 1919.?Very rare and very hard to get. 7.25 grams. $2300.00 this piece is from the Fernbank museum in Atlanta Georgia.?
Last is Springwater PallasiteSaskatchewan Canada. 32.2 gram endcut. A rare small piece. Most of what was found were larger individuals. This was from a sub-100 gram individual. There weren?t at many of them and most sold intact.?$700.00?Email me for photos?
Michael Farmer?