[meteorite-list] William H. Mason III

From: Dolores Hill <dhill_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:08:51 -0700

Dear Meteorite-Friends,

I, too, am very sad to hear this news. Bill Mason always had a kindly
smile, cheery greeting, and treated everyone with respect. He freely
shared his extensive knowledge of adhesives and coatings and results of
his experiments to preserve meteorites. I recall his stories of placing
a formerly rusty Nantan in a fish tank to test his methods! And, he
advised me when I agreed to restore a large, fragile slab of Brenham
that I discovered was being held together by the ugly yellow lacquer I
was asked to remove. With his help it was delivered just in the nick of
time for a public exhibit.

-Dolores Hill