[meteorite-list] Call for Olivine fragments for Research

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 00:12:00 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings.? A colleague at the University of Tennessee _at_Knoxville Department of Planetary Science and Geology working on a grant for NASA is conducting an extensive spectral survey of pallasites in the lab to help inventory asteroid parent bodies.
We need slivers of Olivine crystals for destructive analysis.? A side study will look at variations within meteorites to determine trends within pallasite mineralogy.
We are asking cutters to submit 1/2 to 2 gram samples of dislodged Olivine samples which are otherwise of no commercial value of any and all pallasites you have processed..
Samples should be from cuttings where you are confident they are not cross contaminated from multiple pallasites, preferably in small labeled ziplocked gem bags.? We are also looking for a few euhedrial ( reletavely complete) crystals from long terrestrial-aged? material such as Admire, etc.to compare weathering changes.
If you have donations to offer, please contact me off list for mailing instructions.? Unfortunately, at this time all we can offer is mention you in published research papers and my personal gratitude in participation in this scientific endeavor.
Warm Regards,Elton Jones aka Mr Eman.865-356-4360

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android