[meteorite-list] Meteoritical Bulletin Main Mass photos

From: Marcin Cimała - POLANDMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 19:46:49 +0200

Hi Marcin,

I did not mean my reply to sound aggressive or personal towards you. I
have always liked you and never had a problem with you personally. I
just don't like Facebook (or Zuckerberg) and the increasing stagnation
of this fine mailing list is a direct result of social media sites
like FB siphoning away all of the online oxygen. Facebook seeks to
control information and discourse - a monolithic entity answerable to
nobody that exploits it's userbase as a resource to enrich itself. It
does this without regard to the collateral damage done to privacy or
civil rights. All the while, FB is doing nothing original or
innovative. Chatting, posting, groups, and every other functionality
of FB are things we can do elsewhere. We don't *need* Facebook. It
needs us.

=====
Nothing personaly ofcourse.
I completly dont understand Your point of view and negative approach. I
never saw any "control information" on FB except some "jail time" for some
persons for their political comments or radical posts. Even I was 24h banned
once but it was becouse of my comment under political post. So this was not
connected to our hobby. If You stay away from bullshit like political posts
You are safe. It was surprize for me but I completly agree with this "jail
time". It was lesson.

I tryed to show You how to use Facebook as very valuable, friendly platform
but seems You are too negavite to it. Sorry to see that. Its Your right, I
understand.

This List introduced me to the meteorite world. It brought me to the
dance, so to speak. And after many years of playing the social media
field, I have come back home to my high-school sweetheart, the
Met-List.

=======
me too, it was the best source of meteorite informations, sales, but it was
many many years ago. Its like Met Bull with classification info but without
photos of specimens. Its like telling that Radio auditions are better than
TV shows becouse in TV speaker is watching You. I cant agree becouse its up
on You how You use it. You dont have that controll watching TV or read
newspapers. You eat what they serve You there.

A lof of other collectors and dealers still congregate on FB and many
do quite well with sales. That's fine and I wish them success in what
works for them. I was one of the first handful of meteorite people to
become active on FB back in 2009 and now I am not the first to pack up
and leave that venue. I probably won't be the last. I've already
noticed that some List members are not very active on FB any more.
Maybe it's for the same reasons or they have their own reasons. But, I
think it's high time to get this mailing list rolling again. FB has
stolen the thunder for too long. The Met-List and FB don't have to be
mutually exclusive and both can co-exist. But, if Zuck and FB had
their way, venues like this mailing list would be trampled into
silence or absorbed into the Borg-like collective that is Facebook and
Amazon.

To each their own, but long live the List!
MikeG

========
I still cant understand what Zuckenberg have to You reading my posts in
meteorite group about my new slices.
Sorry but this sounds like irrational bullshit to me. This is soo strange
that You have used FB before so what happend ?

Nothing personaly Michael.

-----[ MARCIN CIMALA ]----[ +48 793567667 ]-----
http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)polandmet.com