[meteorite-list] Meteoritical Bulletin Main Mass photos

From: Jean Alix Barrat <barrat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 22:48:45 +0200

Hello,

it could be a good idea to include some pictures. However, it could be a
false good idea. Most meteorites are not spectacular and will not be
studied by anyone other than those who make the initial description. Who
is interested in ordinary rusty chondrites? What outstanding science
will be brought by these samples? Is it really important to complicate
the work of the classifiers for these samples? Who will agree to do this
work if the procedure becomes even more demanding?

Cheers,

Jean-Alix

Le 14/06/2020 ? 20:55, Peter Marmet via Meteorite-list a ?crit?: