[meteorite-list] Meteoritical Bulletin Main Mass photos

From: Roberto Vargas <Rvargas85_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 22:40:35 +0000

Hi all,
Thankfully, we all have the freedom to choose where to post and engage with the community. In my opinion, email is best used for private messages between members, but not really a great medium for forum-like content. As such, I use Facebook. Facebook has features that email will never have (video, live feeds, pictures, etc).
I kind of concur with the sentiment that this email list is dead/dying. I love the daily MPoD vial email, but aside from that, this vehicle for sharing and engaging with others is antiquated and obsolete.
However, I am grateful that it is still available for those of us who cannot or will not change with the times. I believe those members have valuable insight into meteorites and their history and I would sad to lose what could be gained from them because they cannot or choose not to grasp how to use Facebook or other social media platforms.
At the end of the day, some will move to Facebook and join the rest of us, while others will stay here (until the number of people that are left here is so small that it is really just an archive). Just my personal opinion.
Thanks,
Roberto V