[meteorite-list] Galactic Analytics content?

From: Fries, Marc D. <marc.d.fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:51:11 +0000

Howdy all

              For the past several years I've run Galactic Analytics on Facebook. It has been a freely available forum to discuss meteors and meteorite falls, and a convenient site for me to disseminate radar data showing potential meteorite falls. When I started this, Facebook was an open forum for all participants. Unfortunately, Facebook has recently enacted policies which restrict the uncensored flow of content between one end of the political spectrum in particular. I cannot support censorship, as it is a form of oppression. I have shut down Galactic Analytics (but will retain old content on Facebook for the time being) and am looking for a new, open venue to host content.
              Most of the options include starting up some new platform, which has the drawback of adding yet another source for interested parties to keep track of. However it occurred to me that we can use this as an opportunity to consolidate sources.

              What would you all think if I were to start posting GA content on the Meteorite List? When an event occurs I can post it here. I will have to find a server to host images but that is do-able. Be advised that it may increase MetList traffic by a sizable fraction.

              What do you think?

Cheers,
Marc Fries