[meteorite-list] LAUNCH OF GLOBAL METEORITE ASSOCIATION, INC.

From: Mendy Ouzillou <mendy.ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 13:02:05 -0600

Dear meteorite community,

After years being a part of and serving our community, I have gotten a
chance to meet in person and virtually collectors, dealers, hunters,
meteoriticists/researchers and collection curators from around the world.
Though we may share different goals and perspectives related to meteorites,
I believe that we all desire to grow our community, expand knowledge about
meteorites and create a strong organization that will represent our common
needs.

Today, I am happy to announce the official launch of the Global Meteorite
Association, Inc. (GMA). The GMA is a nonprofit 501c6 dedicated to serving
and bringing our community together. Many, many hours have been put into the
formation of this organization and many aspects have been guided or
suggested by you in the past. The GMA is here for you and the Board's Golden
Rule is "The Board operates for the benefit of and is accountable to the
membership, its volunteers and staff."

You can read all about the new organization in the www.gmeta.org/about and
www.gmeta.org/discover-meteorites sections, browse the home page and other
links to give you an idea the direction we are going in. Though the website
is still in early stages, we are ready to review applications for Collector
and Business memberships (we have 4 membership classes including a free
membership for kids). Also as a quick note, we have reached an agreement
with Marc Fries and will host his Galactic Analytics content on the website
(previously on FB).

After reviewing the website and its content, feel free to contact me with
ideas, suggestions and even concerns. There are many people to thank for
getting to this point and many can be found on our
gmeta.org/about/leadership page.

Please feel free to repost this message in any forum you are a member of
EXCEPT that of any competing organization. Also, the GMA does not restrict
membership in other meteorite organizations - you can become a GMA member
and still be a member is other associations. I personally encourage everyone
to be a member of the Meteoritical Society.

Regards to all,

Mendy Ouzillou
GMA Founder & President