Hale-Bopp Comet Chasers Event on CU-SeeMe

HALE-BOPP COMET CHASERS EVENT ON CU-SEEME
April 8, 1997

On April 11, astronomers Alan Hale & Tom Bopp (co-discovers of Comet Hale-Bopp),
David Levy (co-discover of Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9) and Don Yeomans
(Jet Propulsion Lab) will participate in a panel discussion titled
"Comet Chasers: On the Trail of a Comet" at Caltech in Pasadena, California.
This event will be broadcast live over the Internet on CU-SeeMe.
The panel discussion will start at 9PM PDT (PDT = UTC - 7 hours), and will
run for 75 minutes including a Question & Answer session at the end.
This event is being sponsored by JPL's Stardust and Galileo projects.

Details on the Comet Chasers event are available in this JPL press release:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/comet/news64.html

SEND YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE PANELISTS

We are collecting questions from the Internet to ask the panelists
during the Question & Answer session.  If you would like to submit a
question, please send it to cometchasers@www-onlab.jpl.nasa.gov .

HOW TO GET CU-SEEME

CU-SeeMe is a free videoconferencing program available to anyone with
a Macintosh or IBM PC computer and a Internet connection.  Using CU-SeeMe,
live video and audio broadcasts of the Comet Chasers event will be available
over the Internet.  Additional information on CU-SeeMe and how to download it
to your computer is available at the Cornell Univeristy's CU-SeeMe home page:

http://CU-SeeMe.cornell.edu/

CU-SEEME REFLECTOR SITES

We've setup two CU-SeeMe reflector sites at JPL for this event:

   137.78.206.121
   137.78.36.88

Additional refector sites at JPL will be setup as well.  Also, we've arranged
that this CU-SeeMe broadcast will be available on the NASA TV reflector sites.
The list of NASA TV reflector sites are available on this home page:

http://btree.lerc.nasa.gov/NASA_TV/NASA_TV.html

If you already have your own CU-SeeMe reflector site, and would like to
pick up our CU-SeeMe feed, then add the following line to your configuration
file:

OBTAIN-GENERAL-VCC 137.78.102.199 0

The latest updates on the Comet Chasers event will be available
on the Comet Hale-Bopp home page:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/comet/
http://galileo.ivv.nasa.gov/comet/

Ron Baalke