Re: Mt. Tazerzait: Some observations.

	I have been looking at the Mt. Tazerzait meteorite, and have made
a few observations. I want to say, these are observations that are not
founded by experiment, or reference. These are ONLY from Scanning
Electron Microscope images, and information provided with them.
	The Mt. Tazerzait meteorite contains small dimple like
structures, called vugs. Vugs contain minerals that are different from
the surrounding rocks, this is because unused elements in molten rock
have no place to go, so they bond where they can.
	In the Mt. Tazaezait meteorite these vugs contain the minerals
olivine, orthopyroxene, clinopyroxene, and a Fe and Ni element. These
vugs may be indicating a time where the material that formed Mt.
Tazerzait was so hot, that the material was turned to vapor. That may
facillitate the growth of the idiomorphic crystals(crystals that exhibit
perfect formation) of the minerals in the vugs.
	Also, it is unshocked. This means that the meteorite was
subjected to only heat alteration, and no pressure alteration. This would
be supported by the crystals in the vugs. In additon the vugs themselves
indicate a time of high temperature. I have not the slightest clue as to
how hot the meteorite was, or how it got to be that hot.
	As for being pulled from sale I can see why. I do not think it is
chondritic, but I may be wrong. Also it reminds me of acapulcoites, and
Acapulcoite type of melting. This however would be from a completly
different body, with a different chemical composition.
	I am only trying to make an educated guess. I have no proof, or
evidence to back me up. I am only trying to provide a little more
information on a subject that is "a hot topic". When the description is
published, then a more informed observation, and speculation can be made.
Until then, I am only guessing.
	I hope this may explain some of the properites observed in this
meteorite, and lends itself to remaining attentive to further details.

Frank Stroik

Follow-Ups: References: