Re: Mars Pathfinder Photographs Provide Geological Support ForThe Important Role That Liquid Water Has Played On Mars

>Dear Ron,
>
>What is this information doing on
>Meteorite Central? Why did you post it?
>Why don't you post information on Meteorites?
>
>Regards, Michael Casper, Adjunct Curator,
>         Cornell University Meteorite Collection

i think its great that Ron takes the time to post relevant planetary
information
on MC. After all,not only are some terrestrial meteorites from Mars, but
Mars itself as well as all the other planets were assembled some 4.5Gyrs
ago from a population of objects the vestiges of which provide us with
terrestrial meteorites. If we ever find a conglomeritic meteorite,
information regarding early Mars would be very relevant to Meteorite
Central listees.

personally, ide rather read postings like Ron's compared to  endless
messages regarding  who has or has not  gotten this month's  issue of
Meteorite!

but this is my personal opinion which is not meant to be imposed on anyone
else who subscribes to the list

regards,
frank spera

Frank J. Spera
Department of Geological Sciences &Institute for Crustal Studies
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106

email: spera@magma.geol.ucsb.edu
phone: 1-805-893-4880