Bruderheim... or Millbillillie?

Hello All,

After reading Russ Kempton's article on fusion crust again, I thought I
would pursue the subject further in Norton's book "Rocks from Space." After
reading through his words, I took a break to study the photos. On the top
of page 164 is a photo labeled as Bruderheim (the L6 Canadian fall of
1960). However, to me, it sure looks like an achondrite, possibly
Millbillillie.

I compared the photo to prepared slices of both Bruderheim and
Millbillillie. Although Bruderheim is a light colored chondrite, the slice
had little fine-detail resemblance to the photo. On the other hand, the
Millbillillie slice contained many of the finer details visible in the
photograph.

I'm curious if anyone else has an opinion about this photograph?

Cheers,

Martin

Follow-Ups: References: