Re: Frank STroik's Post of 2 JUly 1997

	I am sure Mr. Reed purchased the meteorite in good faith, and I
have no reason to doubt him. I should say, that my information comes from
various sources, such as BLM maps, USGS topographic maps, and information
supplied from the Wyoming Geological Survey.
	Mr. Reed, I would like to ask two questions of which a direct e-mail
would be an appropriate way to respond . First, What year was
it purchased, and second can I please have the exact map coordinates of
the place the stone was uncovered? That would be helpful, in that my
information is unfortunatly word of mouth, and truth is rarely preserved by
such means. I just want know for sure that it is BLM land or not(it would
put a few minds to rest here).
	There are still two masses unaccounted for however. This is what
I was refering to. It appears that in the early 80's a mass came to the
University of Wyoming to be sold, and was rejected. The owner said he had
another "back home". Unfortunaly it was not purchased, and thus
disappeared. It is these that we feel confident came from BLM land.
	I don't want to beat a dead horse, but perhaps we can obtain
another mass not found for our collection...

Frank Stroik

p.s. I apologize for cluttering mail boxes of those not interested in
this communication.