Re: Please comment

rusamex@cris.com wrote:

> I am not scientist - just a regular citizen with some common sense
>
> Please comment via E-Mail on the following:
>
> Recent “Life on Mars” frenzy mostly based on the assumption that there
> are 12 “Martian Meteorites” in NASA collection
>
> Leaving apart /by my opinion not substantiated/ conclusion of “Life
> Traces” I am absolutely disagree with
> alleged Mars origin of these meteorites.
>         Some common sense arguments:
> 1.      For MILLIONS years BILLIONS of meteorites traveling near Earth orbit
> 2.      Planet Mars is a very, very, very, very small part of possible
> originations of these Meteorites
> 3.      Scientists made probe of atmospheric composition on Mars one time.
> There are lot of probes which WERE NOT  made (on THOUSANDS of possible
> origination places during MILLIONS of years)
> 	I think these 12 SNC's are from Mars but this is't so important, by my
opinion, than the fact that if "Life Traces" are indeed life traces. Remember
what Viking probes told us - some experiments show that it might be life on Mars,
some show that it is not. The experiments were based on the properties of life,
any kind of life.
Life, not life forms, but life as a matter form is indestructibile due to the
adaptability. If millions years ago was indeed life on Mars, it must be now.
   This is only one point of view, there are many others as that the carbonates
could not contain fossils because they formed at high tempertature when carbonate,
plagioclase and silica were melted and redistributed by the same shock event, and
so on.

                   Andrei Razvan