Re: Zhamanshinites

>	The material from the Zhamanshin crater is quite fascinating, some if it
is the finest crater melt I have seen, some of it is very poorly fused and
porous resembling pumice. Much of it is banded yellow and black in strips.
The Irghizites are for a best discription most like small darwin glass they
have the same shapes and bubbly surface. The same dropplet looking ones are
found. It is my understanding from a long time reseacher of the Zhamanshin
crater that there have been found three materials there. Crater melt,
tektite glass and remelted tektite glass. You can contact Paul and I  at
meteorite.com for the material, we have quite a bit if Erick can't find his.

Jim Tobin
Thanks for all your very interesting posts Frank, I don;t usually have
anything to say but I'm reading them with delight.

I have been researching Irghizites, when I noticed both