Re: Zhamanshinites

fes@UWYO.EDU wrote:
>         If anybody has a Zhamanshinite, escpecialy a blue one, for sale please
> let me know, as I am intersted in purchasing this unique glass. If anyone
> knows where I can get one that information would be appreciated as well.
> The Russian Academy of Sciences is extremely slow to process these types
> of requests lately, so any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Frank Stroik

Frank,

I can't speak directly to "Zhamanshinite" having never seen one, but we
used to find fused blue "natural" glass in Nam all the time following
the B-52 Rolling Thunder strikes. If these "tektites" come from SE
and/or SW Asia you might want to investigate the circumstances of their
discovery a little further.

Gene Roberts