Subj:  Meteor report - Apex NC
Date:  97-05-15 11:31:22 EDT
From:  Radabbott

I am not a regular observer and therefore not familiar with terminology and
measures of brightness, etc.  I looked here because my family saw a very
bright, fairly slow meteor May 9 around 10:30 pm EDT.  Our local newspaper
also reported a possible meteor which landed in a yard 15 feet from an
11-year-old boy  during the day Sat. May 10.
All the information I have came from the newspaper report:
        The fall apparently was not witnessed, but the "thud" was heard and a
boy picked up the rock immediately afterwards
        No sonic boom reported
        Size: about 4 inches in diameter
        Rock is slightly magnetic
        A sample is being examined by Bethany Sciences to authenticate it