Re: Nuveo Mercurio B?

Martin Horejsi writes:

>Dear Ed,

>Thank you for your observation.  I may have taken a few liberties with both
>my grammar, and my opinions. Although "reasonable reasons" sounds
>redundant, I felt that in the scientific context of my opinion, it
>contrasts with what I believe are unreasonable reasons.  These include
>pairings of convenience, circumstance, and probability.  These, in contrast
>to chemical analysis, isotopic ratios, and trapped gases, among other more
>scientific measures for pairing.etc.

Dear Martin:

Thanks for taking the time to reply to (and not taking offense at) my
admittedly somewhat frivolous comment re: meteorite classification
rationale and allow me to say I see your point.

Ed Walsh

To the group:

Being a new fan and still fairly ignorant I would appreciate any info. on
the following: As I understand it the primary inclusions in the Gibeon FO
are graphite and troilite, and I was under the impression that the common
black "graphite looking" inclusions that have a tendency to dissolve during
the etching process are indeed graphite, which leads me to wonder what
troilite inclusions look like. (I believe troilite is a form of iron
sulfide is it not?)
I await enlightenment.

Ed Walsh