Hamada du Draa

I have recently received correspondence from a collector in Switzerland.
Here is excerpt:

Yes, it's true: Mhamid would indeed be a nicer name than the three-word
version I'm proposing. An additional problem is that Hamada du Draa is a
rather large piece of desert, so the consequence might be that in the near
future there will be Hamada du Draa 002, 003, 004 or (b), (c), (d) and so
on. But still, in my opinion it's the only truly correct name. As for the
two being the same meteorite, there isn't much doubt. Yours
looks absolutely the same as mine. I've seen Hamada being offered as
Mhamid. Circumstances of find are the same and, yes, Mhamid is pretty close
to where this big stone had been picked up (total known weight exceeding
200 kgs). And: check out the material you have. Does it have metal veins
(especially conspicuous as ridges on crust)?
This seems to be a typical feature of this one.
P.S.: Did you know that the fall of this one has probably been witnessed?
Date of fall: Jan 19 or 20, 1995.

>end of message<

I have not changed the name at the website, although I believe I should.
The metal vein he describes is apparent in the specimen I have. It is a
planar feature rather than streaked or marbled in. I hadn't really looked
at it closely, but the vein does intersect with the crust, forming a ridge.
Interesting. You can barely make it out in the picture.
Look at top fifth of specimen in left image on page. It sort of runs up at
a diagonal, left to right (there is notch in edge of specimen), touches
right bottom corner or white patch of missing crust, then runs across the
top edge to right.

The web is a beautiful thing.

I will keep you posted.

Walt R