Hammadah Du Draa

Concerning Hammadah Du Draa I think I can shed some light on it.

At first Hammadah Du Draa and Mhamid is the same meteorite!

It is a witnessed fall Jan 19 or 20, 1995, was found by natives and
broken up with hammer. Originally it was approx. 200 kg. Date of find
was Jan. 1997.

As for the name: It was found in Hammadah du Draa which is a region in
Algeria part of the Algerian desert very close to the border of Maroc.
The pieces of the meteorite were brought over the border to Maroc to the
small village Mhamid.

As for the naming convention of the Meteoritical Society it has to be
the place of fall/find !. And Mhamid (although close to the place) is
another country too.

It was classified in Germany as an H5/6. Shock stage S2, Fa19.6, Fs
17.4.
It is fresh material, although some pieces tend to have rusty borders
along the metal.
Inside it is light grey and has a thick (approx. 0.5mm) nice black
crust.

In slices there are abundant metal veins visible and the pyroxene
chondres are
small and dark grey.

Hope this helps
best regards