Re: Hamada du Draa

Regarding the comments below: I have not been exposed to this meteorite
by any of the names listed. As a dealer, I would be loathe
to buy a meteorite for resale with all the conflicting info attributed
to this one. As a collecter, I would, of course, WANT some for myself.
As a dealer, I HATE ambiguities - especially such strongly conflicing H
or L, TKW, etc. As a collector, if I could get some at a reasonable
price, I not only get the material, it is sort of a lotto ticket - If it
is vesiculated, then I would really HAVE to have some.
	 If people on the list are interested in getting some, I'll keep my eye
out, but would have to know what the expected gram price would be. (I am
continually amazed at some prices - some seem RELATIVELY low to me, on
some material, others, relatively high - but as a dealer, it makes NO
difference to me, high/low - exceptionally high/exceptionally low - only
that it will bring a price to cover its cost. (as a collector - I'd love
it if everything was $1 to $10/g from the most common chondrites to the
signature SNCs  - "I'll take a few hundred grams of nice thin sliced
pallasite at $3/g, thank you - make that 200g of Esquel, 200g of Imilac,
200g of......").
	I used to think ALL meteorites were "over priced" - then spent many
days at many different strewn fields - after that, I thought most of
them are increadably cheap! (wouldn't we all LOVE to be THE first in a
strewn field of 1/2 inch of fresh snow strewn with charcoal black (or
better yet, Eucrite burnt sugar glossy black) specimens?!
	So, if there are people interested, email me & tell me what you would
expect to pay. If I run into any I can get lower than that, I'll pick
some up. If I see it higher, I'll inform the list.....Michael Blood