Tunguska Information

I was cleaning out my desk, and I came across an article that I had clipped
out from Sky & Telescope titled "Tunguska's Smoking Gun?".  I did not
record the date of the article, but I think it is about 2 to 3 years old.

Anyway, if you will recall, there was a well-known explosion in 1908 over
Siberia, the Tunguska explosion, which flattened several trees.  It was
theorized that either a comet or asteroid had exploded in the atmosphere,
and the blast leveled the area underneath.  Several expeditions to the area
did not turn up any fragments from this exploding object, at least until I
saw this article.

The article said that small particles from the impactor were found in
the tree resin in the Tunguska blast site (this is quite similar to
insects being trapped in tree sap, which later turns to amber).
The analysis of these particles match up well with a typical stony meteorite,
which is a strong indication the Tunguska object was an asteroid.
Included with the article is photo of a slice of the tree trunk showing the
brown resin with the trapped particles.

Ever since this article, I've seen any followup information, and I was
wondering if anyone has heard of any recent updates on this particular
subject.

Ron Baalke