Rust reformers

-- [ From: Paul Dudley * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I have been using a "rust reformer" product on some rusty metal recently and
couldn't help but wonder how/if it could be used on iron meteorites to stop
or at least slow down the rust problem.  Has anyone ever tried this?  Or any
ideas as to how they work and any deleterious effects they might have?

The one I have is marketed by Rust-Oleum, but I there are others on the
market as well.  Apparently they supposed to chemically reduce the rust back
to iron--although I suspect it may be to some other more stable compound.

It might be a worthwhile experiment if someone has a small, inexpensive,
rusty iron slice to experiment with.

--Paul Dudley