Re: Rust reformers

>-- [ From: Paul Dudley * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>I have been using a "rust reformer" product on some rusty metal recently and
>couldn't help but wonder how/if it could be used on iron meteorites to stop
>or at least slow down the rust problem.  Has anyone ever tried this?  Or any
>ideas as to how they work and any deleterious effects they might have?
>
>The one I have is marketed by Rust-Oleum, but I there are others on the
>market as well.  Apparently they supposed to chemically reduce the rust back
>to iron--although I suspect it may be to some other more stable compound.
>
>It might be a worthwhile experiment if someone has a small, inexpensive,
>rusty iron slice to experiment with.
>
>--Paul Dudley

I SUPPOSE ITS WORTH A TRY. I DONT THINK NI WILL INTERFERE TOO MUCH.
i guess in detail it depends on the reaction mechanism the product actually
induces.
frank spera

Frank J. Spera ~
Department of Geological Sciences       750 Carlo Drive
University of California                Goleta,Ca 93117
Santa Barbara, California 93106
*********************************       ~ member, National Rocket Association
Office:(805) 893-4880
Home:  (805) 683-3446