Re: NC METEORITES

Dear Eric,

here are the names of North Carolina meteorites, as fas as I know. In
comparison to my country - Austria - where there have only been five
meteorites found, you will have a lot of specimen to collect:

Asheville
Bald Mountain
Black Mountain
Bridgewater
Castalia
Caswell County
Colfax
Cross Roads
Deep Springs
Duel Hill (1854)
Duel Hill (1873)
Farmville
Ferguson
Guildford County
Hendersonville
Lick Creek
Linville
Mayodan
Monroe
Moore County
Murphy
Nashville (iron)
Nashville (stone)
Persimmon Cree
Rich Mountain
Smith's Mountain
Uwharrie
Wood's Mountain

Further informations can be found in catalogues or programmes like Phil
Bagnalls Starfall (highly recommended).

Best wishes, Christian

Christian Pinter, Ph.D., Journalist
A-1210  Vienna, Austria (Europe)
Email: pinter@ping.at
Please visit: http://members.ping.at/pinter
----------
> Von: eric fritz
> An: meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
> Betreff: NC METEORITES
> Datum: Montag, 29. September 1997 01:34
>
> I am new to the list and new to collecting meteorites.  My friend and I
> would like specimens from our home state for an educational display used
in
> schools,  gem and mineral shows and science centers.  Anyone with info or
> specimens from North Carolina, please let me know.  Thanks in advance.
ERIC