Opinions wanted on images

I have scanned a number of slices, photographs, and
microphotographs I made of most of the specimens
in my collection. I intend to put them on my web site, but
before I finalize the images I'd like to get some feedback.

These are pretty high quality images (for the most part), but I have
used a fairly drastic JPEG compression level to keep the size down,
even so, some of these images are over 60K in size.

I'd like people to look them over in their browsers and let me know of
anything unusual they see, such as edge effects (mosquito noise) in
the text or color fields.

Some of these images are pretty big, they were designed for
1280x1024 image areas at 24-bit color.

The images are in a directory which can be accessed at
   http://www.arachnaut.org/meteor/scans/ >

The file names are of the form: x.jpg, eg:
     cameldonga550x588.jpg

All the thumbnails are 100x100, don't bother looking at them
or commenting on them, they are pretty small.

Thanks.

--
          Jim Hurley
       Arachnaut's Lair