L'aigle picture

Hi all,

About L'aigle, we have realized a dream since we possess an very nice 277g
complete specimen with a old label on which is written in French the
sentence " Pierre tombée à L'Aigle 1803. 9 onces 99 ". Translate= "Stone
fall at L'Aigle 1803. 9 onces 99".

 It's curious because the actual weight of this complete 99% fusion crust
is an agreament with the English once not the French !

 Once is an ancient French measures mass= 30.594g = 1/16 of a French pound
( French pound = 489.5g) and also an English measures mass= 28.35g = 1/16
of an English pound  ( English pound = 453.592g ).

 Pictures of this specimen of our collection is visible on our web site at:

http://www.labenne-meteorites.com/Laigley.jpg

http://www.labenne-meteorites.com/Laiglez.jpg

 PS: We have one small complete slice, one a end cut and one other complete
speciemen of L'aigle for sale. Weight and price upon request.

On our gallery two new views of a 32g slice of the Acfer 214 classified as
a unique Fe-rich carbonaceous chondritic breccia similar to ALH 85085 ( CH3
S2 W2, carbonaceous chondrite CH group, petrologic type 3 regolith breccia ).

About type 7, someone would have informations on ? We have three pictures
of our Sahara 97037 newly reclassified LL7 at:

http://www.labenne-meteorites.com/list037

 In fact it's really difficult to obtain nice pictures of this meteorite
because this meteorite look's like a fine breccia but in fact, with a
microscope, you can observe some big different crystals  ( result of high
temperature and cooling ? ).

              Meteoritiquement Votre,

                Marc, Luc & Jim Labenne.

LABENNE METEORITES