Re: Lyrid Meteor Shower Reminder

GeoZay@aol.com writes:

> Hopefully I'll get a few hours of
>  observing in prior to midnight and a few all nighters beginning this
sunday.

For any list-members from the So. Calif area, the Santa Monica Astronomy
Club is scheduled to have their monthly "starring" session tomorrow night,
Sat 4/18, at Charmlee Park in the Malibu area.  I haven't gone on one of these
yet,
(this will be my first!) but the club has a great reputation, and welcomes any
& all guests.   There will be lots of folks with telescopes (and lots
without), and
it is a particularly good dark sky site, or at least about as good as one can
do within an hour's drive from L.A., so might be a good spot for checking out
the "Lyrids".   Maybe I can look forward to meeting some other list-members
there?!
(Info on the club/outing: 310-204-1400, and/or I can provide directions to
anyone
who emails & requests)      Gregory