Re: Lyrid Meteor Shower Reminder

Hi Julia,

Boy.......I'm afraid you added a lot of things that I was trying not to say and
mixed them in but no matter this is the format to learn and straighten out
ideas until they are right. George's Z. explanations are very good and you
should read and perhaps re-read them for the best explanation I have seen on
here.

The main Idea I was trying to state was meteorites are mostly from the asteroid
belt (a very few from Mars,moon and perhaps comets) due to collisions and
perpetration by Jupiter's great gravity into an Earth crossing orbit where they
can fall if they Earth is in the right spot at the right time and if the debris
is in the right spot at the same time. Of course if the orbital debris misses
Earth they can fall on other planets or even be absorbed by the sun.

--AL