Re: Lyrid Meteor Shower Reminder

Julie>>Further you go on to state they may be as much as 30 degrees  or more
off.  So I can only conclude that they are not actually parallel, but
do, at the very least, travel in the same direction. (Humor)   It would
seem by the variances you have stated that we are approaching something
akin to Quantum Mechanics, where one cannot say that the macro-
particles are, at any given point, travelling in parallel orbits,  but
that they tend to be parallel at certain points and this may or may not
be predictable<<

Julie, Try to visualize a Shot gun shell as a comet and when the shell is
fired from a gun, the group of shot pellets is cometary debris. Obviously not
all the pellets will be in the same spot...there will be a cluster of them.
They will be traveling in a somewhat parallel course although spreading out
the further they travel. The diameter of that cluster will be the radiant.
Depending on the various factors, the paths of the cluster can be narrow or
very wide. Very similar to meteor showers originating from comets.
George Zay