Re: Perspective

Julie<<
 Someone just e-mailed me a consolation as if I had lost or quit an
 argument.  Au contraire, mes amis.   I'll make this brief.
 Geo:
  I am an artist, among other things.  I understand perspective in more
 ways than most people ever consider.  That was never the issue.  If
 anyone else wants a lesson on optical illusions, perspective, etc. -
 fine, but you need not continue trying to explain it to me.<<

I think my efforts in trying to help you is over. You may understand
perspective in regards to art, but you were the one that was asking the
questions. I merely made an attempt to help you understand the questions you
asked in relation to meteor activity. You seemed very much confused. I don't
consider this discussion as a  debate to be won or lost...but rather to
explain. If you already understood the solution, then why ask the questions?

Julie>> That you would actually literally consider my joke at the end as
having
 anything to do with reality - lassoing comets?   It rather spoils
 everything if I must interject "Humor Alert" for those humorly
 impaired,  but I'll consider it.   If you want to discuss Physics I'd be
 glad to oblige.  Name the time.  Name the place.  Pistols at dawn in
 Central Park?  That's been done.<<

I did consider your lassoing comets etc as a joke...but also took the
opportunity to explain one more tidbit of knowledge pertaining to meteor
showers in relation to your joke. I don't know why you feel the need to be
insulting but that is your problem. Frankly, I don't know why you got your
gonads all in an uproar over this? If you don't like the explainations you get
to your own questions...don't ask.

 julie>>To quote you, "I don't know how much clearer I can make this for you."
 Heads up:  One cannot accurately apply the same concept of parallel
 lines of railroad tracks on Earth to that of debris in orbit in space.<<

Maybe it's oversimplified, but that's to ease a general concept to be grasped.
I highly recommend that the next time you ask a series of questions, consider
your ability to accept explanations without being offensive. You will save
yourself from getting upset later and the wear and tear on my part in trying
to explain things.
George Zay