New images of meteorites just set up

I finally finished putting just about all the images of my meteorite
collection on-line.

These images are rather large in size - usually around
600x600 or bigger. You will need a lot of screen real estate
to see them at one go. I just didn't feel that people with decent
monitors should have to suffer the small sizes we usually put on the
web for the least common denominator - 640x480. Aren't those good
old days of VGA behind us by now?

I've taken a number of suggestions from people on the list, revised
much of the text, added notes on the collection and the image
processing, added a section on Mike Farmer's space stamps, and compiled
all the resources I could find on asteroid 4 Vesta and its
relationship to the HEDs.

I've added photomicrographs of the vesicles of Ibitira,
and the olivine portions of Esquel and Imilac.

There's a picture of the desiccating chamber that I use for the
specimens and things I've learned about preservation and cleaning.

I've also cross-linked some of my text and graphics with Dave Weir's
fabulous image collection and technical notes, Eric Twelker's
background material, and a few other related links where I could find
them.

The search tools has been re-indexed with all this new stuff, so
typing in something like 'regolith' will return something
meaningful (the search tool is the big oval button on the
top level pages, and the eyeball on the link pages).

I would appreciate other link references to cross-link
this material with - other things out there on the web, we should
have more stuff linked together more tightly.

If anyone finds any errors or thinks of something useful to add,
please drop me a line. I don't have much free time, but I enjoy
doing this sort of thing.

The thumbnails are loosely arranged in some sort of order,
I'll have to work on some classifying pages like Dave did.

BTW, if anyone wants a copy of these images, send me a note
and I'll send you better quality (less compressed) images
or the original Photoshop files.

The starting point URL is in the signature - follow the links to the
Meteorite Gallery. And... don't get lost!

--
          Jim Hurley
       Arachnaut's Lair