Re: US DOD FIREBALL RELEASE

http://phobos.astro.uwo.ca/~pbrown/usaf.html

Three years ago while I was trying to track down a fireball witnessed in
the Mojave Desert on Dec 27 (0425) 1994 (which I now call the Bishop
Bolide) I came in contact with:
Dave Desrocher, Capt, USAF
Chief, Space R&D and Analysis Branch HQ AFTAC/DOSD.
Although he was cordial and informative, he made it clear to me that it
may be deemed a risk to national security to divulge whether an
exploding fireball was detected (or even not detected), particularly
over the continental United States.
I have yet to find a record of it in their archives.

Bob Verish

--
"How can you benefit humanity, if humanity has not a clue to

Archive of DoD Press Releases

The following are press releases/announcements from the Air Force Technical Applications Centre (AFTAC) Office of Public Affairs and elsewhere. These releases relate to satellite observations of fireballs detected in the atmosphere by optical and infrared sensors aboard DoD satellites